Follow this guide to install I2P on your Ubuntu based systems.
- Log into the server with elevated permissions (sudo, root).
- We will need to add the I2P repository.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:i2p-maintainers/i2p
- Now we need to update apt with to pull the latest information from the newly added repository.
sudo apt-get update
- Time to install I2P, issue the following command.
sudo apt-get install i2p -y
- You can verify I2P installed successfully and running issue this command.
systemctl status i2p
- If you are on a desktop based system with UI, open the web browser and head to the router console homepage.
- If you installed I2P on a headless server you will need to create an ssh tunnel to access the router console from a desktop. More information can be found here. Below is an example of the command, you will want to replace the firstname.lastname@example.org with your server’s information.
ssh -R 8080:127.0.0.1:7657 -N -f email@example.com
- After tunnel is created on your desktop head to browser and type in the new router console address.
To view more information on our I2P services please click here.